System requirements to sync fonts
Fonts are synced via the free Creative Cloud desktop application, which is available for:
- OS X 10.7 and higher
- Windows 7 and higher
It is not possible to sync fonts from Typekit on older versions of OS X or Windows, or on other operating systems, as the Creative Cloud desktop application is not available on those platforms.
What's included in your subscription
Font sync is available on all Creative Cloud and Typekit subscriptions.
- a paid monthly or annual Creative Cloud complete subscription;
- a Portfolio, Performance, or Business standalone Typekit plan;
- any single-application Creative Cloud plan (except Adobe Acrobat Pro).
The Creative Cloud Photography Plan, Adobe Acrobat single-application plan, and trial Creative Cloud subscriptions include a Typekit Free plan. These subscriptions, as well as standalone Typekit Free plans, each have access to selection of fonts for web use and sync. You may upgrade to a Typekit Portfolio plan to use the full font library.
Creative Cloud is also offered via several educational licensing programs, some of which include a Typekit Portfolio plan and some of which include the Typekit Free plan. Please get in touch with your school's Adobe representative if you have any questions on the particular package that you purchased.
Typekit Enterprise may also sync fonts from the Limited library for sync use, but do not have the option to upgrade to full library access. Please contact email@example.com with any questions on your Typekit Enterprise subscription.
Purchasing or upgrading a Typekit plan
If Typekit isn’t included in your Creative Cloud subscription, you can either:
- upgrade to a Creative Cloud plan that does include Typekit, or
- upgrade your Typekit subscription to one which includes font sync. The Typekit upgrade will bill independently of your Creative Cloud subscription.
To upgrade your Typekit plan:
- Sign in to Typekit with your Adobe ID and password.
- Visit the plans page, and select the "upgrade" option for a Portfolio, Performance, or Business plan.