Fonts are synced to the desktop via the free Creative Cloud application, which is available for:
- OS X 10.7 and higher
- Windows 7 and higher
It is not possible to sync fonts from Typekit on older versions of OS X or Windows, or on other operating systems, as the Creative Cloud desktop application is not available on those platforms.
Eligible Typekit subscriptions
Desktop font sync is available on all Creative Cloud and Typekit subscriptions.
- a paid monthly or annual Creative Cloud complete subscription;
- the Student and Teacher Edition of Creative Cloud;
- a Portfolio, Performance, or Business standalone Typekit plan;
- any single-application Creative Cloud plan*.
Free Creative Cloud subscriptions and the Photoshop Photography Program include a Typekit Trial plan. These subscriptions, as well as standalone Typekit Trial or Personal plans, each have access to selection of fonts for web use and desktop sync. You may upgrade to a Typekit Portfolio plan to use the full font library.
Typekit Enterprise may also sync fonts from the Trial library for desktop use, but do not have the option to upgrade to full library access. Please contact email@example.com with any questions on your Typekit Enterprise subscription.
As of May 21, 2014, Typekit is being made available in limited release to selected Creative Cloud Enterprise customers. General availability for Typekit in Creative Cloud Enterprise is expected later this year. If you’d like to be included in this limited release program, please contact your Adobe Enterprise Sales representative, or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing a Typekit plan
If Typekit isn’t included in your Creative Cloud subscription, you can either:
- upgrade to a Creative Cloud plan that does include Typekit, or
- upgrade your Typekit subscription to one which includes desktop font sync. The Typekit upgrade will bill independently of your Creative Cloud subscription.
To upgrade your Typekit plan:
- Sign in to Typekit with your Adobe ID and password.
- Visit the plans page, and select the "upgrade" option for a Portfolio, Performance, or Business plan.
* Note: Desktop font sync is included in single-application Creative Cloud plans as of April 8, 2014. If you purchased a single-application subscription prior to this date, simply sign in with your Adobe ID at typekit.com and your account will be upgraded automatically.